October 01, 2006

Hullo folks!

I'm Jude and this is your weekly update on the goings on in and around my life. Weather's just fine, cars speed by, birds chirp, clouds are a soothing lilac hue, and here are our top stories:

  • firstly, one that didn't make it to last week's broadcast: A Night at the Opera! La Traviata, specifically. Lovely, lovely evening. The tenor was not really appropriate for the part of the young man in love (short, fat and old), but the soprano shone. And the theatre itself is gorgeous, here's a link: http://www.teatrosolis.org.uy/visitavirtual/visita.asp?p=1&s=0&i=esp
  • no, you can't find out a person's address through their msn. Which, I suspect, is a verry good thing. I know where he lives because I've been dropping him off there for the past few weeks. We get there, I turn off the engine subreptitiously, and we spend an average of 20 minutes chatting and joking and laughing. *sigh*
  • no, nothing has happened yet. I'll let you know when it does
  • yesterday I went out to dinner with my parents to a mexican restaurant. It was practically empty (we're early birds, totally uncool), and we took some time picking a table. When we sat down, I felt --how shall I put it?-- a certain coolness in my southern regions. Surprised at this unexpected drop in the temperature, I quietly shifted in my chair and took a peek. Don't ask me how, but where a perfectly good jean had snugly fit before, now a gaping hole winked at me (and presumably at every passersby who cared to observe it). It was quite generous in its width (I'd say around 10+ cm). My dad's comment was: "So THAT'S why those guys were staring at you like their eyes were about to fall out"
  • aside from that unusual incident, the food was amazing (the nachos kept coming, the guacamole was spicy and smooth, and the huevos ranchera were super tasty), and we had coronas (great beer), and "shared" a margarita -- basically I drank most of it, and it was yummy. Anyway. Good times =P
  • I'm sure other fun things happened this week, but I'm really rather monotematic these days(if that is a word, it is in spanish, but I'm not sure the transition to english is quite so simple). I feel a bit like a blithering idiot, because a LOT of things remind me of Mr M. He's ubiquitious. I'm driving and Air Supply's "Making love out of nothing at all" is on the radio, and suddenly I'm obsessed with the song. Urgh.
  • hmmm
  • check this out (though maybe I got it from one of you, but still): http://www.lloydianaspects.co.uk/evolve/evolmenu.html
  • maannnn *exasperated sigh* why won't he come online???
  • oh well...
  • listening to roxette "How do you do?!". yey!!
  • that's all folks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Continental Drift said...

Jude,

I've taken you up on the essay reviewing offer; you should find them in your in-box!

The theatre is really lovely. And La traviata is well La bloody traviata ( I can't remember which movie that's from).

Let it build up; that's the best (at least that's how CD likes it!)

Hmmm..don't worry about the jeans incident; I'm sure most people go thru something like that in their lives (faulty fastning mechanisms, tears etc, wardrobe malfunctions etc).

I checked out the link. Evolutionary biology makes for interesting reading, but I'm not sure of its scientific worth b/c it can't be emperically tested/voided.

But it's funny stuff nonetheless.

Ciao bella!

12:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home