September 24, 2006

Listen to Frank Sinatra. He rocks my world.

That said, I haven't got much to say.

Today, I saw a motorcycle right in front of me inadvertently rip off a side mirror from a parked car. It sped away, with only an embarrassed look back. I'd hate to be the owner of that innocent car.

I had some friends over on friday, and we had a mexican night (noche mexicana), basically consisting on nachos with guacamole and quesadillas and one shot of tequila (sal, tequila y limón) each (the constraint was due to directives from the parental unit, plus we don't drink much --or at all-- as a rule). It was fun.

I have a friend (not very close friend) who's going through a very rough time at home. I wish I could help her. I don't really know how.

Spring is coming. The weather last week was beautiful, not too hot and not too cold. Light breezes, the whole package. The city just smells nice in that weather. *sigh*

Pride and prejudice, the book, is great. Pride and prejudice, the movie with Keira Knightley, is great too. The ultimate chick flick, really. British accents and beautiful photography and... well. You should watch it. There is no point in my raving about it.

You should read "The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy". About 3 times. And then read "The Restaurant at the end of the Galaxy". And "Mostly Harmless". And "So long and thanks for all the fish". And, after a prudential cooling-off period, you should watch the movie. It's good, but the book kicks its cute ass ten times over.

M, as I will call the new shadow character in this blog, is a geek. An incredibly amazing sweet nice geek. Moreover, if I have any say on the matter, he will be MY geek. Heh heh. Here's hoping...

I now know where he lives. He just came online!!! DON'T PANIC!!! breaathe. He is saying "hi". ayayayyayay

This post is officially over

YIKES

3 Comments:

Blogger SRH said...

This post is officially commented upon

07:33  
Blogger Continental Drift said...

That's a lot for someone who deosn't have much to say!

What's going-on with your friend? Problems with the parentals or is it something else?

I love Pride & Prejudice (the book) and I thought KK did a great job as liz in the movie. Have you heard of "Fitzwilliam Darcy: Gentleman" by Pamela Aiden. It's supposed to explain why Darcy comes across as so stiff. I've been meaning to read it for sometime, but I've never got around to it.

Ya know, I hate to admit that I still haven't read The Hitchhikers guide. Its on my list and I'll do it once I get over with the grad school applications.

You said "now know where he lives. He just came online!!!"

Are those two sentences connected i.e. can you tell where someone lives just by his/her online status? Is so I want to know how to do so!!!

Good-luck on your geek-aquisition plans...keep us posted.

08:08  
Blogger jude said...

heyy
1) yup. Problems with the P.U. But it seems they're slowly getting solved. Though I suppose it'll take a while
2) though I think I've heard about the book, I never read it. Let me know if you read it
3) the hitchhiker's guide is a MUST. Seriously. I don't joke about these things. You'll laugh your head off
4) i want my geek!!

19:35  

Post a Comment

<< Home