September 13, 2006

Aikido today rocked!!!
We were just seven, and we practised moves that mostly dealt with upper body strength (eg. someone comes to pin your arms down from behind and you have to sort of limbly squirrel out before they've actually grasped you, and then grab their arm and forcing them down to the floor).
Towards the end of the class, we practised something vaguely similar only much quicker (the attacker comes towards your chest to grab your arms, and you turn and twist him around, but without throwing him to the ground. Just a flick of the arms really). Only, this time we practised in groups (not one on one) so that the "attackers" kept coming. Big adrenaline rush. My arms felt like jelly right after the class, and I'm sure I'll be violet-hued tomorrow.
Finally, we did something that felt more like American football than anything else; one guy kneels at one end of the dojo, and everyone else is at the other end. At a signal everyone starts running, with the guy's objective being to get to the other end of the room (while everyone else tries to stop him whichever way they come). We were pretty tired by then, but it was fun. I didn't suffer very much because they're all pretty scared of hurting me.

It was one of the best classes yet, great group feeling. I'm starting to get to know them, and that makes the whole experience better.

About the queasiness, hehe, well, what can I say, I feel kinda queasy just talking about it.

He's my age, and incredibly sweet and gentlemanly (which isn't necessarily a virtue, given how it is often paired with a certain tendency towards male chauvinism, but that isn't the case here -- at least I don't think so). He's not particularly cute, though he does have gorgeous blue-green eyes, but he's normal, and I value normalcy above all in this aspect (truly handsome people scare me). He's kind but not dumb or too shy. He doesn't interrupt me when I'm talking (which makes me feel guilty because I do it constantly). He might be a bit dull, but that's probably my over-thinking kicking in. I guess he likes me back, though I can't be sure.
When I'm with him I feel comfy. We'll see what the future brings. Meanwhile, I'm just enjoying this feeling.

The idea is to post at least once a week, approximately every Sunday, though of course I'll post ten times a day if I have anything worth saying =D


I know you probably won't, but if you have nothing better to do and feel like listening to an incredibly beautiful brazilian song, may I recommend downloading "A flor e o espinho" sung by Paulinho Moska. I saw him live last Saturday, and it was a lovely experience.

Un beso,

Carmen

PS: save yourselves the trip to ultralingua; it means "A kiss"

2 Comments:

Blogger Continental Drift said...

We have somthing similar in my Hapkido class. We get blindfolded and then the rest of the class pins our arms/legs etc. and we have to escape. It does result in stiff muscles!

Awww... Jude's living her own romantic novel. Yay! You sound very happy!

"He's not particularly cute" ---Now, just how does THAT matter?

Can you give me a link to that song?

Enjoy the feeling!

Just one beso? :)

08:35  
Blogger jude said...

sorry about the lack of link, my learning curve on this sort of thing is pretty stretched out and comfy to lie on, but without much use in other respects (I strongly suspect that that didn't make any sense, but I don't feel like changing it. I won't even read it again. There it is. Come what may. Moooving on)

Anyway, the song is from the "Woman on top" soundtrack, as a quick googling showed. In case you don't know it, which is probably the case here, it's a movie starring Penelope Cruz. I'd say (the movie) is five years old, or something like that. The music is lovely.

All tongue-tied today. I'll still give posting a shot though, just to keep my promise

18:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home