April 20, 2006

It's raining. Not men. Just water. A lot of it.
Some would call it pouring. I would, too.
"It's pouring"
I like that word. "pouring"
It sounds very good in my head. Like "loop" and "wake". And "sleazy".


Turns out, this blog did not turn out quite like I had expected. I thought there were two options. One was that I would write two posts, never get noticed, and abandon it for good. The other was that it would magically become insanely popular and provoke mass hysteria. Well, not really, but you know what I mean.
As usual, the middle ground triumphed.
The unfortunate consequence is that now I'm hooked: between this and stalking msn in the hopes of finding my new-found latin american friends (the ones who took part in the competition I've been blabbering on about), I'm spending between 2 and 4 hours online each day. Over the Easter holidays, it was more like 5. That, to me, is depressing.
Plus I don't do much else than wander aimlessly through all of your blogs and then some (I'm watching you! *dark, suspicious, squinty stare*). Oh, right, and I also check my mail. A lot. A LOT.

Anyway. It's a conundrum. But the reason I'm wasting your time with all of this nonsense is that I thought: as long as I'm sitting here, I might as well actually blog, don't you think?


It's three in the afternoon and all the lights are on. It's positively gloomy. I'd enjoy it more without the splitting headache. I find that gloomy is really a very romantic state for someone who is as dorky as I am. In fact, Lady Day comes to mind yet again (i.e. Billie Holiday).


Come on, everybody, give me a hand. All I need is a topic and I can wax lyrical about it. Be it history, the Wiggles, ribbon candy, rain, Clementine, rabbits, folklore, breathmints, jesters, oil, chocolate, English, ...

*I am waiting for your love* (cue the dreadlocks)

5 Comments:

Blogger Continental Drift said...

I, for one, would call it pouring...I grew up in Bombay, India and during the monsoon it’s common to remark that “it’s pouring cats & dogs.” I really, really like it when it rains. The overcast sky, a light breeze, the pitter-patter of the raindrops, and the scent of earth makes for a very romantic atmosphere indeed.

I check my mail at least once every 10 minutes!

Yes, I do think you should blog (especially since you do it with so much verve). How about jesters? Or your purpose behind blogging? Or a favorite book, movie, or piece of music? Or you could talk about your country and where you grew up? Or the old favorite; apostolic succession in Albania

06:54  
Blogger jude said...

CONTINENTAL (you never did give me a nice nom de plume...): I know this will sound terribly idiotic and small-towner, but with my embarrasing tendency towards romantic corniness, your remarks regarding Bombay during the monsoon left me all starry-eyed. Shame on you!

TESS: It's really funny how words end up by being indelibly associated with concepts in one's mind. When I read that you liked the word 'izquierda' ('left' in Spanish for the uninitiated), my brain skipped a beat. For me izquierda is not a word that you can like, but a political faction. And then, a second later, when I had reasoned out the fact that someone could actually like it as a word, I still wasn't totally convinced. I had to read the whole thing all over again to get it to sink in. Still sounds weird though...

19:28  
Blogger SRH said...

one of my favorite words is "squad" especially when repeated incessantly

squad squad squad squad squad squad squad squad squad squad squad squad

07:31  
Blogger Continental Drift said...

Jude,

Continental -- owing to my creative deficit -- it is! Or CD for short...(Oh -- this just struck me --but Continental sounds remarkably like an automobile model, doesn't it?).

Thanks for your very kind words!

10:16  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the addiction!

07:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home